For students staying for more than 90 days.
The price of a Venezuelan student visa is around $70 for up to 12 months. The price may be subject to change.
Most nationalities can enter Venezuela for up to 90 days without a visa. If your study course is longer than 90 days, you will need to get a student visa.
Venezuelan embassy or consulate
You’ll need to make an application to your local Venezuelan embassy or consulate.
You will need to apply for a visa at your nearest Venezuelan embassy or consulate after having received a study offer from a higher education institution in Venezuela. You should check the website of the consulate or embassy to confirm what required documents you need to get. However, in general, these are the required documents:
- Completed visa application form.
- Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months before its expiration, and its copy.
- Two photographs.
- Letter of request from the institution, indicating the financial means available to the student in Venezuela; proof of acceptance or formal registration of the educational institution.
- Original and copy of bachelor or university degrees.
- Original and copies of proofs of studies and certified notes, duly apostilled or legalized.
- Bank letter and bank statements for the last three (3) months. If the applicant does not have their own income, they must submit a letter of support or authenticated economic responsibility. All these documents must be submitted in original and with a stamp.
- International Certificate of vaccination against Yellow Fever, original and photocopy, only in case of traveling to another country before entering Venezuela.
- Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage.
It is recommended that non-migrant applicants request their visa no less than three (3) months before the expected travel date. Typically, the process of getting a student visa to Venezuela will take around 20 business days.
The length of the student visa depends on the course length. It is usually given for one year and can be extended.
You can work with a student visa in Venezuela.
Your visa application may be rejected if you are not able to show proof of the required funds, or if you provide incorrect or incomplete documents.